You should never, ever give away your age, at least that’s what your mother told you. But you don’t have to, even though the effects of the sun, the environment, genetics and Father Time himself have left you with age-revealing spots. Age spots are usually harmless but they can definitely give away your age. They typically appear on skin that has had the most exposure over the years to the sun’s ultraviolet light…your face, the backs of your hands, your shoulders and neck. They are usually small and flat but they can group together making them appear even larger.
We have the perfect solution for these age-revealing spots. It’s a non-invasive, breakthrough treatment called IPL FotoFacial™, Intense Pulsed Light or PhotoRejuvenation therapy.
We use it to rejuvenate your facial skin, treat age spots, active acne and patches of dark pigment. Additionally, an IPL FotoFacial™ can rejuvenate the skin of your neck, hands, chest or other body areas that show signs of irregular pigmentation, redness or sun-induced aging. It can also be used to treat the appearance of mild acne scars, broken capillaries, dark circles under your eyes, irregular pigmentation and freckles.
An IPL FotoFacial™ works by emitting wavelengths of light that are absorbed by brown spots, veins, and red spots. The area to be treated is prepared with a cool gel. Then a hand-piece is used to gently pulse an intense light over the area, penetrating the skin and destroying the melanin-producing cells. The generated heat impairs the vessels or lesions without damaging the skin’s surface.
- Each treatment takes about 30 minutes.
- After treatment, the skin is cleaned and sunscreen is applied. Sunscreen must be worn for at least a month following the treatment.
- Healing begins immediately. The lesions may darken before they flake off or are absorbed by the body.
- For best results, the treatment is administered in four to six procedures at three-week intervals.
- Discomfort is minimal and most of our patients are able to resume their normal activities immediately.
If you would like to know more about this amazing treatment, call to schedule a consultation appointment, today!